Business Basics grant
The Business Basics grants program provides support to businesses to increase core skills and adopt best practice. Grant funded activities must be in one of five priorities:
- Training and coaching
- Website build/upgrades
- Professional business advice
- Strategic marketing services
- Business continuity and succession
How much can you apply for?
If successful, applicants will receive upfront fixed grant funding of $5,000 (excluding GST). The grant is for funding activities in one of the five priorities outlined above. Successful applicants do not have to co-contribute to this grant however successful applicants must pay for any related expenses in excess of the $5,000 grant funding.
Is your business eligible?
To be eligible to apply for this grant, the business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees (by head count) at the time of applying for the grant;
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST;
- have a Queensland headquarters;
- have an expected turnover of $300,000 or less for the current financial year; and
- have owners/directors that are not insolvent or an undischarged bankrupt.
What can the grant be used for?
The grant can be used for the following eligible activities:
- Business development, marketing, human resources or business planning topics
- Website build or upgrade (including website refresh)
- Adding ecommerce
- Developing new website content
- Business plans
- Strategic marketing plans including search engine optimisation advice
- Business continuity or succession plans
- Cybersafety training and tools
The grant cannot be used for activities with:
- a total cost of less than $5,000 (excluding GST),
- payments made on any activity undertaken before Grant approval
When do you have to apply by?
Applications open 31 May 2021. Applications will close when sufficient applications for a competitive assessment have been received or 30 June 2021 (whichever happens first).
What documentation is required?
- A certified statutory declaration from the business’ owner or director stating the business:
- does not have an annual turnover exceeding $300,000
- meets all grant eligibility criteria
- A proposal detailing the activities you will purchase.
- Supplier quotes detailing who will undertake the work, description of services, and outline key activities (no more than 2 quotes and the total must equal at least $5,000 before GST).
How to apply?
If you wish to apply, discuss eligibility, or see how this grant can best benefit your business, please do not hesitate to contact our office on 1300 620 345.