Business Portal retires at the end of July 2021
Did you know that the Business Portal will be retired at the end of July 2021?
This service has been your trusted portal for your business needs for over 17 years.
The ATO had previously said it would continue to maintain the Business Portal to help businesses transition to the new service after a “challenging” year for the sector.
But don’t be concerned as the Online Services for Business is open and ready to assist! The improvements in technology and practical insights from the business community have allowed a better user experience.
Online Services for Business is the default online service for businesses, approved self-managed super fund (SMSF) auditors and other organisations to engage with the ATO. This service is streamlined, and you can access it at any time on multiple devices, including computer, phone or tablet.
It is important that your business starts to make the transition over to Online Services for Business as soon as possible.
To access Online Services for Business you will need to sign in using your myGovID. This is the same myGovID you used to log into the Business Portal.
The new service is much more user-friendly and allows business owners to easily access their information and have interactions with the ATO – for example,
- switch between businesses with a single login (myGovID)
- create payment plans for amounts up to $100,000
- manage payments
- view, prepare, lodge and revise business activity statements
- view, prepare, lodge and revise taxable payments annual reports
- view and print tax returns and income tax history
- manage you tax registration details
- view your Single Touch Payroll reports
- access the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House
- register for GST and PAYG withholding
- interact with the ATO using secure-mail
- view statements of account and find your various reference numbers.
If you wish to discuss how the above affects you or if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office on 1300 620 345.