Business Boost Grants
The Business Boost grants program provides support to businesses to advance improvements in their efficiency and productivity.
This support includes funded activities in 3 project areas:
- Future planning
- Specialised and automated software
- Staff management, development, and planning
How much can you apply for?
You may be eligible to receive a grant payment of $15,000 (excluding GST) on completing your proposed project.
Successful applicants must co-contribute at least 30% of the total project costs.
Grant funding will be paid only after compliant acquittal documentation is received.
The following projects will not be funded:
- Projects with a total cost of less than $10,715 (excluding GST)
- Payments for projects undertaken before grant approval.
The table below shows the breakdown of total project costs and the co-contribution amounts.
|Total project costs (excluding GST)||$ 10,715||$ 21,429*|
|Your contribution (at least 30% of total project costs)||$ 3,215||$ 6,429*|
|Grant funding (post project)||$ 7,500||$ 15,000|
*Your project can cost more than $21,429 but the maximum grant payment is $15,000.
Is your business eligible?
To be eligible for this grant, your business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have a turnover of between $300,000 (minimum) and $600,000 (maximum) in the last financial year (2020–21)
- have a publicly reachable web presence to identify business operations (e.g., business website and/or social media pages)
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
What can the grant be used for?
The grant can be used for the following eligible activities:
- Strategic business planning for innovation or growth
- Implementing a governance board to guide strategic planning
- Exporting opportunities and requirements
- Compliance with industry regulations and standards
Specialised and automated software
- Design and implementation of management systems, including
- data warehouses
- asset management
- customer relationship management systems
- quality and compliance management
- risk management
- production systems
- project management systems
- Bespoke or complex website design and build, including e-commerce, software integration, booking systems
- Cybersecurity tools
- Innovative technology that improves or diversifies service offerings
Staff management, development, and planning
- Human resource management skills building
- Professional development and training
- Digital workplace plans and systems for a remote workforce
Projects must be completed six to twelve months following their approval letter and funding agreement.
When do you have to apply by?
Applications open at 9am on 30 July 2021 and can be accessed from the Business Queensland website. It is recommended that you start preparing your application now due to expected high demand. The grant will close when funding has been exhausted.
What documentation is required?
- Certified Statutory declaration from the business’s owner or director stating the business:
- had a turnover between $300,000 and $600,000 in the last financial year (2020–2021)
- meets all grant eligibility criteria
- supplier quotes (no more than 2) detailing who will undertake the project work, description of services, and an outline of key activities.
How to apply?
If you wish to apply, discuss eligibility, or see how this grant can best benefit your business, please do not hesitate to contact our office on 1300 620 345.