Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF)
“It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.” – Robert Kiyosaki
Do you want financial freedom in your retirement?
Are you ready to take control of your retirement savings?
Why not consider a SMSF, which allows you to take control of your financial future.
The benefits of SMSF:
- Control – within the bounds of the law, you decide your investments.
- More choice – more investment options and flexibility.
- Tax advantages – only realised income is taxed, so you have more money working for you.
- More options for cashflow management – after a certain age, you can contribute and withdraw from your superfund. This is easier to do with a SMSF.
If a SMSF is right for you, we can help and assist with:
- Facilitating the set up of a new superannuation fund, including the establishment of a trust deed that complies with legislation, application process and advice for running and maintaining your SMSF. This includes preparation and provision of the following documents (as required):
- Trust Deed
- Product Disclosure Statements
- Consents to Act
- Minutes to set up the Fund
- Investment strategy
- Application for membership
- Beneficiary and TFN notices
- Applications for ABN and TFN
- Registration papers for GST purposes
- All of your SMSF accounting and tax compliance requirements including:
- Data entry and preparation of trial balance, financial statements and member statements of the SMSF on an annual basis.
- Preparation and lodgement of the annual SMSF taxation return, including liaising with the ATO where required in the capacity of a tax agent.
- Liaison with the Auditor of your SMSF on your behalf in order to obtain the annual audit report.
- Preparation and maintenance of the capital gains tax register, provision of investment reports, preparation of annual minutes for the Fund.
- Calculations performed for segregation, part-pension or full pension modes with regards to member balances and the exempt pension deduction.
- Preparation of all minutes and forms required to start, roll over, or maintain the pension as required.
- Liaison with an Approved Actuary as required.
avance has a dedicated, experienced and innovative team of specialists to guide you through the complexity of self-managed superannuation funds.