Cyber Security Awareness Month
The theme for 2023 is ‘Be cyber wise – don’t compromise’
October is Cyber Security Awareness Month and an annual reminder for all Australians to stay secure online.
What you can do to improve your cyber security
- Update your devices regularly
- Turn on automatic updates for your devices and software. This ensures you have the latest security in place.
- Turn on multi-factor authentication to add another layer of protection to your accounts.
- Back up your important files
- Set up and perform regular backups
- Use passphrases and password managers
Criminals often use email, SMS, phone calls and social media to scam people. They usually do this by contacting you and pretending to be an individual or organisation you know and trust. Always be alert when clicking on attachments or links within emails or messages.
If you have questions in relation to the above, or any other matters, please do not hesitate to contact our office on 1300 620 345.